Manage episode 362740490 series 2548171
Scammers have learned how to manipulate search results, laying the groundwork for rip offs and identity fraud. Today, learn what to avoid and how to correctly obtain your credit report & score. Also, a new study exposes mislabeling of a very popular supplement - which speaks to an ongoing problem in the dietary supplement - herbal remedy market. Buying unverified products can have serious health consequences. Clark helps you choose wisely by knowing what certifications to look for.
- Sourcing Credit Reports & Scores: Segment 1
- Ask Clark: Segment 2
- Supplement Safety: Segment 3
- Ask Clark: Segment 4
Mentioned on the show
- [The Washington Post] Never Google ‘free credit report.’ Do this instead.
- 4 Ways To Get Your Free Credit Score / How To Get a Free Credit Report
- Credit Karma Review: Free Credit Score and More at Your Fingertips
- How To Freeze Your Credit With Experian, Equifax and TransUnion
- What Is a Rollover for Business Startups (ROBS)?
- How to Buy a New Car in 5 Steps
- AMA - Quantity of Melatonin and CBD in Melatonin Gummies Sold in the US
- NYTimes: 22 Out of 25 Melatonin Products Were Mislabeled, Study Finds
- How To Avoid Fraud With Herbal Supplements
- ConsumerLab.com / NSF International / U.S. Pharmacopeia
- Episode transcripts
- Clark.com daily money newsletter
- Consumer Action Center Free Helpline: 636-492-5275
Learn more about your ad choices: megaphone.fm/adchoices
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices