Episode 54 FIFA World Cup 2022 tournament review, last four preview with Cedric van der Gun (BVB 05-06) and Kai Dambach Deutsche Welle Radio.
Manage episode 350304599 series 3423219
Thank you for your interest in the BvB London fan community podcast as every week the focus of the show will be on exploring a facet of football life with a focus on Borussia Dortmund by talking to experts, fans, and players and coaches.
People, including journalists, who make up the football world including decision makers and who know the football world and the world of BVB well.
The aim of the podcast is to make Bundesliga, BVB and international football more accessible.
On today's podcast we have three guests Kai Dambach is a journalist DWTV match commentator and a Maryland native. Cedric van der Gun is a youth coach with 36-time Eredivisie champions Ajax and a former winger whose former clubs include Borussia Dortmund, Swansea and FC Utrecht. Cedric played 272 matches and scored 56 goals and was selected for The Netherlands U21 side 5 times.
On today's show we look at the footballing action in the 2022 FIFA World Cup. The cup has been taking place in Qatar since 20 November and finishes with the final on December 18th and is the first winter world cup ever to take place.
The tournament has produced many upsets and surprises including the early exits of top sides including Spain and Belgium. As well as wins for smaller sides and a final four place for a team that 'came out of nowhere'.
1. A world cup in a gulf state, the first world cup in he Middle East. Has it been a good setting?
2. Novelties, the announcement of yellow cards, kick off count-downs, extra extra time, air conditioning and dyed pitches are amongst the new developments.
3. Surprise teams Japan, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, Cameroon.
4. First round exits for disappointing Spain, Holland, Belgium, Denmark and Germany.
5. Croatia into the last 4 were they underestimated?
6. England does the quarterfinal exit mean the end of the 'promising generation' and Gareth Southgate?
7. How good are France really can they go all the way?
8. Morocco, the first African team and Arab team to reach the last four.
09. Will it be a golden send off for Messi's Argentina?
10, Some greats who will not be seen again at the best tournament in the world: Ronaldo, Pepe, Messi, Neymar, Witsel, Mueller, Robert Lewandowski, Luca Modric, Luis Suarez.
11. Social Media
We hope you enjoy the show, remember to send us your comments, share the show with friends and to apply for tickets contact the club via the website which is borussiadortmundlondon.co.uk or join the London BvB community at our online group at Facebook.com/borussiadortmundfanclubengland.
During the season you can also come to watch a game at our meet-up Stammtisch at the Naughty Bar, just off Oxford Street, in Cleveland street central London.
All rights reserved Borussia Dortmund London Ltd 2022.