Manage episode 299217045 series 57115
Today’s episode includes a conversation between Dr. Jordan B Peterson and Dr. Scott Barry Kaufman. Dr. Peterson is professor of psychology at the University of Toronto, a clinical psychologist, and the author of the bestsellers 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos and Beyond Order: 12 More Rules for Life. Note that this episode originally appeared on the Jordan B Peterson Podcast on June 17, 2021.
· Combining cognitive science with the humanistic psychology tradition
· Scott’s experience studying IQ and intelligence
· The link between openness to experience and mystical experiences
· Scott discusses his book Transcend
· Self-actualization and The Big Five personality traits
· Does increased aggression lead to stable human societal hierarchies?
· Jordan and Scott discuss mating patterns among humans
· Sex differences towards abuse of power
· Mentorship and transcendence
· The transition from naivety to cynicism to courage
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/the-psychology-podcast/support