Manage episode 286796913 series 2474250
2020 AIA Hair Colorist of the Year Caitlin Ford lost her index finger in an accident two years ago and had to adapt to her new situation. We discuss this, as well as her love of self-teaching and how she followed her creativity into coloring hair.
This Week's Topics:
• Losing a finger on a table saw remodeling her studio: how she adapted doing hair
• Landing a position at a high end salon, but losing motivation due to the salon culture
• Moving to another salon that encouraged social media
• Getting into creative color through watching Guy Tang & Rebecca Taylor and experimenting
• Creativity – What is it and what does it require?
• Rainbow Bangs: Her creative process for placement of color
• The relationship of creativity and engineering
Have you left a review for The Hair Game Podcast yet? This week’s Pod Loot winner is getting a Bose bluetooth speaker! To enter, just write a review on the Apple podcasts app or iTunes. Don't forget to leave your Instagram handle so we can find you!