Manage episode 285272369 series 2426417
My guest is Jameson Lopp, he calls himself a professional cypherpunk. His mission is to use his skills as a technologist to build tools that empower individuals. Our topic is nicely called “clean” mining or to say it in a more distinct way: censored mining. Is this an attack on Bitcoin and what are the possible strategies and outcomes? Jameson is the Co-founder & CTO of Casa a company dedicated to helping you to secure your bitcoin. It’s the second time that Jameson is my guest, listen to our previous interview here.
- Government friendly mining or an attack on Bitcoin?
- Geo-political aspects, US hegemony
- Bitcoin mining explainer and definition of miners
- Tools used: KYC-ing miners and censoring transactions
- Possible outcomes? Worst case scenario
- Counteracting: Game theory, economics, technical aspects
Ask a question
Support the podcast