Manage episode 275076763 series 2426417
Todays guest is Gloria Zhao, she is a Bitcoin Core developer, former president of “Blockchain at Berkeley” and will finish her Computer Science studies at the end of 2020. We discuss how Bitcoin and blockchain technologies are seen by her fellow college students, why she chose to work on Bitcoin only instead of all the other Silicon Valley stuff and blockchain projects that are around.
“Privacy and censorship resistance should be the default. We can’t keep measuring technologies or applications based on how convenient they are or how cheap they are.
We need to start thinking about how private they are.” – Gloria Zhao
- Career expectations for college students in Silicon Valley
- Blockchain education at the college
- Why Bitcoin, not blockchain
- How she escaped the mindset of Silicon Valley
- How to become a Bitcoin Core developer
- Her Chinese roots
- Why privacy is so important in the digital era
With Gloria’s recommended learning resources in the shownotes.
Support the podcast
Der Beitrag Gloria Zhao: A College Student’s Journey to Bitcoin Core Development erschien zuerst auf The Anita Posch Show.