Manage episode 274551975 series 2426417
Elyse Petersen is a food scientist and the founder of Tealet, a wholesale tea supply chain network. Tealet’s business model is based on cutting out unnecessary middlemen between tea growers and buyers, same like in Bitcoin. Since 2013 Tealet is using Bitcoin for payments, which eliminates the inefficiencies of global financial systems and saves a lot of transaction costs. Tealet was one of the first companies worldwide to use Bitcoin.
- History of tea as an international commodity
- Traditional tea supply chain absorbs 85% of the growers profit
- Tea Horse Road
- Tea as currency
- Venture capital demands growth
- Taking investment in Bitcoin
- Bitcoin Black Friday
- Bitcoin payments in India
- Microfinancing with Bitcoin
- What Elyse learned from Bitcoin
Support the podcast
Der Beitrag Elyse Petersen: From Ancient Tea Currency To Using Bitcoin For Wholesale erschien zuerst auf The Anita Posch Show.