Danny Koordi of Fabl Productions talks becoming an independent podcast producer in Singapore and taking a leap of faith
Manage episode 268416052 series 2770063
Von Norman Chella entdeckt von Player FM und unserer Community - Das Urheberrecht hat der Herausgeber, nicht Player FM, und die Audiodaten werden direkt von ihren Servern gestreamt. Tippe auf Abonnieren um Updates in Player FM zu verfolgen oder füge die URL in andere Podcast Apps ein.
This time, a quick trip to Singapore to chat with podcast producer Danny Koordi!
Danny is a fulltime podcast producer and founder of Fabl Productions, creating narrative shows for clients and companies who want to convey a message in podcast format. I've known Danny since the Asia Podcast Summit last year, and this was a good time to get an update on what he's up to, building up Fabl Productions and more.
We talked about:
- The leap of faith from auditing at KPMG to fulltime podcasting
- The mindsets, struggles and worries behind starting your own independent podcast business
- Why countries in Asia are not 'advertiser-ready' yet, plus growing trends
- 02:57 - Meeting with Danny's first client and his origin story
- 5:59 - "He sent a thousand Facebook messages": hearing about Happiness Initiative inspires him
- 9:08 - Leaving KPMG: What was going through Danny's mind?
- 15:32 - Building up Fabl Productions, how Danny captures opportunity
- 17:51 - Danny shares tips on how to dive into podcasting as a business
- 20:07 - "They're not looking for one way, they're looking for the best way" what aspiring podcasters look for in Asia
- 21:00 - Podcasting for money in the short term and McDonalds
- 23:34 - Comparing success to the best podcasters, and Joe Rogan's episode one
- 24:51 - The intangible benefit of podcasting, according to Danny
- 29:00 - What is on Danny's podcast playlist? Renegade Radio!
- 33:50 - What Danny would like to see more of in the Asian podcasting scene?
- 41:26 - BONUS! We chat freeform about my story, random stuff happening podcasting-wise and other shenanigans :)
Danny's social media:
Like the show?