Manage episode 294474761 series 2666548
Achieving a IELTS Band 9.0 is very special indeed. I am not sure of the official figures, but my guess is that less than 1% of test-takers receive this score each year. Having a Band 9.0 shows not just that a student has a C1/C2 level of English, but that they have excellent academic skills and are able to perform well under pressure.
Today, we have the pleasure of interviewing Anna Pakhomova who achieved this score in May 2021, with the individual bands of 9, 9, 8.5, 9 (the 8.5 is for writing). We discuss the dangers of preparing online (and trust me, Anna has some amazing stories about this!) and what she did to reach that elusive score. This is a great listen for any teacher or student who has the lofty goal of reaching band 9.0 - if nothing else, you can know that it is possible!
You can read more about today's episode at: https://blog.myieltsclassroom.com/ielts-band-9/
- If you are just starting IELTS, then follow our free starters' guide: http://blog.myieltsclassroom.com/start-preparing-for-ielts/
- Struggling with writing? The sign up for one of our video courses: https://www.myieltsclassroom.com/catalog
- Download my free ebook - An ex-examiner's guide to the IELTS Band Descriptors: https://mailchi.mp/myieltsclassroom/examiner-guide-to-ielts-band-descriptors
Rate and review My IELTS Classroom
If you are on Apple Podcasts, help us to help more people just like you by rating and reviewing our show. Reviews let other students - just like you - find our information-packed episodes and start their IELTS journey in the best possible way.
Remember, My IELTS Classroom offers a range of IELTS services:
- IELTS Video courses: https://www.myieltsclassroom.com/pages/writing
- IELTS Essay Corrections: https://www.myieltsclassroom.com/pages/marking
- IELTS Speaking lessons: https://www.myieltsclassroom.com/pages/speaking
- Free blog lessons: http://blog.myieltsclassroom.com
- Free Podcast episodes: https://myieltsclassroom.buzzsprout.com