Manage episode 371253078 series 3475418
In our special we're thrilled talking to Don Vosburg and Miguel Pérez Colino about SUSE Manager and the Uyuni project. Don as an long-time user and contributor had a lot of great stories to share. Together with Miguel we had a look at the history and future of the project. Coming from the Spacewalk codebase that was published for the first time in 2008 a lot of innovation took place in the meantime. Beside various code optimizations and a new web interface, SaltStack also became central part of the product. For the future, the project will shift to container-based deployments - proxy servers are already support since October 2022.
Note: Please excuse the occasional crackles and sound dropouts. We tried to get the best out of the recordings, but apparently our travel equipment is dying.
- Uyuni project site: https://www.uyuni-project.org/
- CEFS: https://cefs.steve-meier.de
- Uyuni patch repository: https://www.uyuni-project.org/pages/patches.html
- TUT-1117 - Integrating SUSE Manager with Ansible: https://cstan.io/files/2023/06/TUT-1117_-_Integrating_SUSE_Manager_with_Ansible.pdf
- Uyuni Community Hours: https://github.com/uyuni-project/uyuni/wiki/Uyuni-Community-Hours
- Uyuni YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB0SkZFAw9vPCFeUIYqZQ5A
- Uyuni Gitter: https://www.uyuni-project.org/pages/contact.html#gitter
1. Intro (00:00:00)
2. Interview (00:00:46)
3. Outro (01:04:38)