Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on August 06, 2021 23:39 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 228654475 series 2490424
- Urban planning, urban design, „urbanism“ (French concept), what does it mean in China, what does it mean in Europe?
- the pace and the nature of urbanisation in China: 60% of the population will live in cities by 2020
- the Hukou system
- challenges vs. opportunities
- the fringes: informal settlements in China and India, organic development
- Shimokitazawa neighborhood in Tokyo, a successful model for the development of informal settlement areas?
- comparison between Shivaji Nagar in Mumbai and Dongxiaokou in Beijing
- the state centered approach of Chinese urban planning + relatively new emergence of urban design, see also: Taiwan
- Famous last words: impact of “No weird architecture” principle of Xi Jinping on future urban innovation, can/should politicians define what is „weird“ ?
- Recommendation: Sinapolis (mainly French, more English content on urbanisation in China to come)