Manage episode 250957596 series 2605531
Continuing our “When I Grow Up” season, hear from successful young barrister James Sharpe on what it takes to break into the competitive field of law.
- What life is really like as a lawyer
- The importance of “getting the grades” at school, and how a love of learning helps
- Staying open to the right path
- Getting into competitive universities, and what studying History is really like at an elite University
- Extracurricular passions: theatre, politics, getting used to rejection, and finding the delicate balance with study time
- Studying law and the law conversion course
- How to take your first steps in professional law: vacation schemes, mini-pupillages
ABOUT YOUR HOST: William Wadsworth, Founder & Learning Scientist at Exam Study Expert
“Memory psychologist, independent researcher and study skills coach. I help ambitious students to study smarter, not harder, so they can ace their exams with less work and less stress.”
BOOK 1:1 COACHING to supercharge your exam success: https://examstudyexpert.com/workwithme/
Or read my exam technique book today at https://geni.us/exams
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases on suggested books. You pay nothing extra. I make these recommendations based on extensive personal experience and because I think they are genuinely helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I receive.