Manage episode 294543002 series 1209446
Recorded on June 6, 2021
Book Talk starts at:
Virtual get-together via Zoom on Saturdays, 12 noon PST - Details here
Our Anything But Wool KAL has ended - 142 FOs! Good job, everyone! We will announce the prize winners in at the end of this podcast!
Our annual Mother Bear KAL has started!
Any Mother Bear that you have knit or crocheted in 2021 is eligible to post in our FO Thread. One post per bear please. Please see all the rules and participate in the Chatter Thread. #2021MBKAL2KL Let's turn out a record number of bears!
- Mother Bears #237 & #238
- Bankhead Hat #15
- One Splendid Skein shawl by Fredi Baker, using Hedgehog Fibers Sock in the Budgie colorway
- Purl Strings tee by Heidi Kirrmaier, using Blue Sky Fibers Organic Cotton (Skinny) in the Sprout colorway
- Snow Day hat by Jerry Burch using Noro Furisode in 23 colorway
- Gnot Just Another Gnome MKAL by Sarah Schira
- Mother Bears 240-247
- Gnot Another Gnome MKAL by Sarah Schira in various acrylic worsted yarns from the Bear bin
Barb finished 3 books:
- The Riddle of Emmon Bodfish by Paul Holes - 4 stars
- You'll Never Believe What Happened to Lacey: Crazy Stories About Racism by Amber Ruffin - 3.5 stars
- Three Hours in Paris by Cara Black - 3 stars
- The Ramona Quimby Audio Collection by Beverly Cleary, narrated by Stockard Channing - 5 stars
- Paddle Your Own Canoe: One Man's Fundamentals for Delicious Living by Nick Offerman - 3.5 stars
Interview with Joyce White Vance.Joyce was a Federal Prosecutor for the Northern District of Alabama, nominated by President Barack Obama. She is currently a Professor of Law at the University of Alabama and an MSNBC Correspondent on legal issues. She is also an avid knitter! Barb and Tracie talk to her about a myriad of subjects including the law, her work on MSNBC, her chickens, podcasting, but most of all, her knitting. She also participates in our Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down segment. She is one of the hosts of the podcast #SistersInLaw, in addition to being a co-host of the Cafe Insider Podcast with Preet Bahara. Joyce talked about her current knitting project, her Livia Cardigan. It was so fun to interview Joyce - please enjoy! Tracie talked about the Blue's Clues Pride Parade video